The Douglass Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Program furthers the College’s mission of fostering a diverse and inclusive environment at Douglass. Through events such as the Taste of Douglass, community town halls, trainings, out-of-state trips, conferences, and student engagement, the Douglass Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Program is able to create an environment that validates identities, cultures, and communities.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Ambassadors are an intricate part of the Program.
The Douglass Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Program will afford Ambassadors the opportunity to:
- strengthen cultural competency skills at Douglass and beyond
- contribute to the diversity, equity, and inclusion strategic initiative that supports the Douglass mission
- network and socialize with a special cohort of dedicated Douglass leaders, alumnae, and staff
- provide support and training for the Douglass community
The Program seeks student leaders that are passionate about causes and initiatives that foster diversity, equity, and inclusion. Students interested in creating a greater sense of community among Douglass students, celebrating the variety of cultures and experiences within Douglass, and advancing open mindedness and diversity of thought are encouraged to apply.
- Exclusive retreats held on September 7, 2019 and January 29, 2020
- Special Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion gift bag
- An all-expenses paid trip to specific Washington, D.C. museums during the spring semester (must fulfill fall requirements to be eligible)
- Free admission for select ambassadors to attend special conferences, such as the MARK Conference
- Complimentary graduation leadership cords for graduating seniors
- Act as an Ambassador for the 2019-2020 school year
- Attend one DE&I event per semester
- Attend training in September & January
- Attend once-a-month lunch (or dinner) discussion
- Lead trainings for DRC student groups (spring semester)
- Write one short reflection per month on a topic related to diversity, equity, and inclusion in the news
- Promote DE&I events and initiatives