The Douglass Global Village Learning Communities!
About Global Village
The Global Village Learning Communities offer a year-long experience in a themed “house.” You will take two credit-bearing courses in the Fall and Spring, conduct research on a topic related to the theme, and engage with the larger New Brunswick community through service learning. Participating in the Global Village community makes you eligible to join the Global Leaders program in a subsequent year. Open for residents and commuters.
- Become a Douglass student for $75 a semester - Click Here
- Complete a yearlong academic class by registering for a 1.5 credit course in the Fall and the Spring in the house you apply to
- Participate in house service-learning projects and excursions
- Housing applications for continuing students open in early spring semester.
- You don’t have to major in the house theme – in fact, it’s a great way to make you a well-rounded global community member if you decide to live in a community that’s different from your major
- Commuters and transfer students are welcome