BOLD Empower is a new initiative for first-generation Douglass students. The four-year program provides a cohesive and substantive student engagement path for up to 25 first-generation students who are interested in leadership and career development.
Prospective BOLD Empower Students
If you want a unique opportunity to build community with students from similar backgrounds and engage with all the Douglass community has to offer, this program might be for you!
- You will be a first-year student in Douglass Residential College in the fall of 2019.
- You meet our definition of “first-generation”: Neither of your parents has obtained a bachelor’s degree or you are a student from a single-parent household and your primary parent does not have a bachelor's degree.
- You will NOT be participating in Rutgers’ Educational Opportunity Fund (EOF) program or any other Douglass Residential College or Rutgers Living-Learning Communities.
- $250 stipend in the first year for academic-related expenses
- Special orientation program before school begins for first-year participants
- Dedicated living-learning community for first-year participants (exceptions allowed for commuter students
- Special section of RU-1st course (Rutgers course for first-generation students)
- Monthly cohort meetings
- Designated staff and peer mentors
- Special consideration and funding support for externships and research stipends
- Live in Douglass’ Global Village during sophomore or junior year
- Special senior capstone project and graduation ceremony
Questions? Please contact Stephanie Perez (email@example.com or 848-932-3158).