Thanks to a transformational gift to the BOLD Center at Douglass from Stacey DC’80 and Brian ENG’80 Reilly, the new Reilly Program at the BOLD Center for Advancing Women’s Professional Development educates and prepares women for careers of impact and distinction. The two-year program features a specialized professional development curriculum combined with an immersive workplace experience, the externship. Presenting students with multidisciplinary, real-world problems, exposure to global trends, new forms of organizational development, and innovative forms of leadership, the Reilly Program at the BOLD Center advances the career preparation and vision of Douglass women.
The goals of the new Reilly Program at the Bold Center at Douglass are to:
- Create new professional development curriculum for the students
- Increase the number of students who participate in an externship
- Increase the number of students who participate in an internship within one year of completing the new Reilly Program at the BOLD Center for Advancing Women’s Professional Development
One component of the comprehensive program is the immersive workplace experience (externship), a one or two week time period where students shadow and are mentored by a professional (site mentor) in their area of interest or in a career that they would like to learn more about. The site mentor introduces students to the industry and workplace and, perhaps, assigns a small project for the student to complete.
During the week(s) you are a site mentor, we ask that you:
- Meet with the student(s) at least once while they are with you to discuss career goals, anything they noticed during their time with you, and issues of diversity and inclusion in the industry/organization; and
- Have activities ready for the student such as attending meetings, tours, small assignments, and meeting with other interns or professionals.
- Complete a survey at the end to give the program and the student feedback.
This program extends benefits to both students and mentors as it connects the best women students in the country with mentors in their field of study.
- Our students are inspired by professional role models who can help them discern future aspirations and goals. Our students are a motivated and diverse group who will inspire you with their fresh perspectives, eagerness to learn, and sheer potential.
- Participating as a site mentor can assist in your recruitment goals—your DRC extern may become your next best employee!
We are currently accepting site mentor applications on a rolling basis for spring and summer 2020 placements.
Contact Us: Leslie Danehy, Executive Director and Assistant Dean
at firstname.lastname@example.org or 848-932-3184 or Stephanie M. Perez, Associate Director
at email@example.com or 848-932-3158