Thanks to a transformational gift from Stacey (DC’80) and Brian (ENG’80) Reilly to advance women’s professional development, Douglass students now benefit from a more comprehensive and immersive experience that will educate and prepare our students for careers of impact and distinction. The program offers a specialized professional development curriculum with an immersive workplace experience (the externship). Through multidisciplinary, real-world problems, exposure to global trends, new forms of organizational development, and innovative forms of leadership, the Reilly Program at the BOLD Center at Douglass advances the career preparation and vision of Douglass women.
Click here to see a list of Reilly BOLD Professional Development Programs
Click here to learn more about the Reilly BOLD Externships
Who is the Reilly BOLD Program For?
- Students who need professional experience (have not already had an internship etc.)
- First-year, second-year, and transfer students are given priority, but students in any year who have not had professional experience already should apply.
- Professional Development Curriculum (8 Hours Required)
- Immersive Workplace Experience (Externship)
- Pre/Post Program Surveys
- Externship Journaling
- Optional Mentoring & Post-Externship Planning
- Internship Assistance
- Learn professional skills including salary negotiation, personal branding, and effective workplace communication
- Get first-hand experience with professionals without committing to a full internship
- Meet with a site mentor to expand your network, get advice, and gain insight into their role
- Receive a certificate of completion you can use on your resume
- Set yourself up well for your next experience, ex: internship or first job
If you have any questions about the Reilly BOLD program, please contact Stephanie M. Perez at firstname.lastname@example.org; 848-932-3158.