When is the Douglass Convocation?
Saturday, May 18, 2019 (10:00 AM) on Antilles Field. (Rain Location College Ave. Gym)
What do I need to do?
- Register for Convocation and the Douglass Senior Brunch
- Students purchase university regalia that reflects their academic unit and degree.
- Take the Exit survey (Coming soon)
- Attend the Douglass Senior Brunch on Wednesday, May 15, 2019, 10:00 AM at the DSC
- Show up on time (9:00 AM) with your regalia on Saturday, May 18, 2019
- Review the Rutgers check list for graduating students,
***All seniors are encouraged to have their QR code ready. Log into http://getinvolved.rutgers.
When do you need to be there?
Students will need to be in the student line-up (WITH YOUR REGALIA ON) on Chapel Drive by College Hall by 9:00 AM the morning of Saturday, May 18, 2019 for the Convocation Ceremony. You will not process if you are not a part of the line-up.
Where is Douglass Convocation?
Antilles Field (located next to Voorhees Chapel on the Douglass Campus)
Rain Location: College Ave Gym (please check website the day of the Convocation for last minute details)
When is the Rutgers University Commencement?
The 253th University Commencement will take place on Sunday, May 19, 2019 (10:00 AM) in the High Point.com Stadium (Busch Campus). Please visit http://commencement.rutgers.edu for more information.
Who can participate in Douglass Convocation? All Douglass Residential College students who:
- Graduated in October 2018.
- Graduated in January 2019.
- Expecting to graduate in May 2019.
- Expecting to graduate in August 2019 (your name will be read in May 2019, however, will not appear in the program until May 2020 and you will receive a Douglass certificate in May 2020).
How many graduation ceremonies can I participate in?
You can participate in any and all ceremonies for which you are eligible for. For example, if you are a member of Douglass Residential College who will receive her degree from the School of Environmental and Biological Sciences, you may participate in as many as three ceremonies:
- Douglass Residential College on Saturday morning
- University Commencement on Sunday morning
- School of Environmental and Biological Sciences on Monday morning
Will I get something special to show I’m from Douglass?
Yes, you will receive a Douglass stole (white) and pin that you can wear on your regalia and in the future as a lapel pin to show that you are a Douglass alumna.
Douglass Leadership Cords
Available for Douglass seniors who have been involved in Douglass and RU student organizations, including
- Barbara Voorhees Mentor Program
- Douglass Arts Advisory Board
- Douglass Big/Little Program
- Douglass Black Students Congress
- Douglass DIVAS
- Douglass Diversity & Inclusion Ambassadors
- Douglass Friends of UNFPA
- Douglass Global Ambassadors
- Douglass Governing Council
- Douglass Media Team
- Douglass Not Alone
- Douglass Orientation Committee
- DRC- Honors College Collaboration Executive Board
- Housing Recruitment Committee
- Douglass Honors College Connection
- Muslim Feminists for the Arts
- Peer Academic Leaders
- Red Pine Ambassadors
- STEM Ambassadors
- Douglass Student Recruitment Network
- Douglass Summer Orientation Leaders
- Traditional Events Committee
- The Beehive
- Women’s Center Coalition
- Women’s International and Multicultural Assoc. (WIMA)
- Women Organizing Against Harassment
- Executive Board member of a Douglass/University Student Organizations, etc.
The cords can be purchased for $12.00 at Carpender Hall across Student Center (105 George St.) Room 106, or at the Douglass Senior Brunch & Information Session.
Payments can be made by cash, check or money order, made out to “Rutgers University.”
CREDIT CARD payments will NOT be accepted. Returned checks will incur a fee of $25.00.
Please contact email@example.com with questions.
You must complete the EXIT SURVEY before picking up any materials.
What do my guests need to know?
- No tickets are required for the Douglass graduation.
- Seating is on a first come, first served basis.
- Students need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org if they have not already indicated this request in their registration.
Where do my guests park?
- Parking deck behind the Douglass Student Center
- Lot 70
- 69 (Ruth Adams-Douglass Project)
- 73 (Nicholas Music Hall)
- 74A (New Gibbons)
- 79 (Hickman Hall) – Disabled Parking Pass required, and used for handicap drop-off and parking
- 79A (Hickman Hall)– Disabled Parking Pass required, and used for handicap drop-off and parking
Special Accommodations for Convocation
Please email DRC Convocation email@example.com by Thursday, May 9, 2019.
Where can I find more information?
You can find all Douglass Convocation information on the DRC website at Convocation.
This website is updated weekly. Students should also receive emails directly through the DRC Seniors listserv.
**IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTACT Sonia Khalil, Program Coordinator, DRCCONVOCATION@ECHO.RUTGERS.EDU 848-932-3037.**