What do I need to do?
- Register for Convocation and the Douglass Senior Brunch
- Students purchase university regalia that reflects their academic unit and degree.
- Take the Exit survey (Coming soon)
- Attend the Douglass Senior Brunch on Wednesday, May 9, 2018, 10:00 AM at the DSC
- Show up on time (9:00 AM) with your regalia on Saturday, May 12, 2018
- Review the Rutgers check list for graduating students, http://commencement.rutgers.edu/information/checklist-graduating-students
When do you need to be there?
Students will need to be in the student line-up (WITH YOUR REGALIA ON) on Chapel Drive by College Hall by 9:00 AM the morning of Saturday, May 12, 2018 for the Convocation Ceremony. You will not process if you are not a part of the line-up.
Where is Douglass Convocation?
Antilles Field (located next to Voorhees Chapel on the Douglass Campus)
Rain Location: College Ave Gym (please check website the day of the Convocation for last minute details)
When is the Rutgers University Commencement?
The 252th University Commencement will take place on Sunday, May 13, 2018 (10:00 PM) in the High Point Solutions Stadium (Busch Campus). Please visit http://commencement.rutgers.edu for more information.
Who can participate in Douglass Convocation? All Douglass Residential College students who:
- Graduated in October 2017.
- Graduated in January 2018.
- Expecting to graduate in May 2018.
- Expecting to graduate in October 2018 (your name will be read in May 2018, however, will not appear in the program until May 2019 and you will receive a Douglass certificate in May 2019).
How many graduation ceremonies can I participate in?
You can participate in any and all ceremonies for which you are eligible for. For example, if you are a member of Douglass Residential College who will receive her degree from the School of Environmental and Biological Sciences, you may participate in as many as three ceremonies:
- Douglass Residential College on Saturday morning
- University Commencement on Sunday morning
- School of Environmental and Biological Sciences on Monday morning
Will I get something special to show I’m from Douglass?
Yes, you will receive a Douglass stole (white) and pin that you can wear on your regalia and in the future as a lapel pin to show that you are a Douglass alumna.
Leadership cords are available to students who have participated in a Douglass leadership organization or program, or held an executive position on an university organization, including:
* Barbara Voorhees Mentor Program,
* Douglass Black Students Congress,
* Douglass Orientation Committee,
* Douglass Governing Council,
* Peer Academic Leaders,
* Red Pine Ambassadors,
* STEM Ambassadors,
* Douglass Student Recruitment Network,
* Douglass Summer Orientation Leaders,
* Traditional Events Committee, or
* Executive Board member of a Douglass/University Student Organizations, etc.
Leadership cords are $12 and will be available at Convocation (while supplies last) if you have not already purchased them. Payment MUST be a check or money order made out to RUTGERS UNIVERSITY. You must complete the EXIT SURVEY (coming soon) before picking up any materials.
Purchase Your Academic Regalia
Grad Fair @ Bookstore Wednesday April 4, 2018
- Purchase caps, gowns, and hoods from Barnes & Noble at Rutgers, 100 Somerset Street, New Brunswick. Pre-order online from March 5 – April 20 to have your regalia shipped to you or to pick up in store. You can also purchase in-store April 1–May 12
- Students can purchase regalia in store beginning at Grad Fair at Barnes & Noble in New Brunswick on April 4 from 10 a.m.–6 p.m.
- Students can also purchase regalia online beginning on March 5, 2018.
- Ship to student ($15.95 shipping fee): Order deadline is April 28, 2018
- Ship to store for pickup by student: Order deadline is March 30, 2018 *regalia will still be available for in store purchase after this date*
- Distribution for students who ordered online and are picking up in store will be April 23, 2018.
- Note: All student regalia can be purchased in store OR online. There is nothing different being offered in store vs. Online.
- Online ordering link will be available from the Bookstore website on March 5, 2018.
- Don't forget to pick up any honor society or other recognition cords and stoles, if applicable
What do my guests need to know?
No tickets are required for the Douglass graduation.
Seating is on a first come, first served basis.
Students need to contact email@example.com if they have not already indicated this request in their registration.
Where do my guests park?
- Parking deck behind the Douglass Student Center
- Lot 70
- 69 (Ruth Adams-Douglass Project)
- 73 (Nicholas Music Hall)
- 74A (New Gibbons)
- 79 (Hickman Hall) – Disabled Parking Pass required, and used for handicap drop-off and parking
- 79A (Hickman Hall)– Disabled Parking Pass required, and used for handicap drop-off and parking
Special Accommodations for Convocation
If you or your guests will need special accommodations, please email DRC Convocation firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday, May 10, 2018.
Where can I find more information?
Students will receive emails directly through the DRC Seniors listserv.
**IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTACT Sonia Khalil, Program Coordinator, email@example.com