This event is suspended until further notice due to a change in the University operating status.
What do I need to do?
- Register for Convocation and the Douglass Senior Brunch
- Students purchase university regalia that reflects their academic unit and degree.
- Take the Exit survey (Coming soon)
- Attend the Douglass Senior Brunch on Wednesday, May 13, 2020, 10:00 AM at the DSC
- Show up on time (9:00 AM) with your regalia on Saturday, May 16, 2020
- Review the Rutgers check list for graduating students, http://commencement.rutgers.edu/information/checklist-graduating-students
When do you need to be there?
Students will need to be in the student line-up (WITH YOUR REGALIA ON) on Chapel Drive by College Hall by 9:00 AM the morning of Saturday, May 16, 2020 for the Convocation Ceremony. You will not process if you are not a part of the line-up.
Where is Douglass Convocation?
Antilles Field (located next to Voorhees Chapel on the Douglass Campus)
Rain Location: College Ave Gym (please check website the day of the Convocation for last minute details)
When is the Rutgers University Commencement?
The 254th University Commencement will take place on Sunday, May 17, 2020 (10:00 PM) in the SHI Stadium (Busch Campus). Please visit http://commencement.rutgers.edu for more information.
Who can participate in Douglass Convocation? All Douglass Residential College students who:
- Graduated in August 2019.
- Graduated in January 2020.
- Expecting to graduate in May 2020.
- Expecting to graduate in August 2020 (your name will be read in May 2020, however, will not appear in the program until May 2021 and you will receive a Douglass certificate in May 2021).
How many graduation ceremonies can I participate in?
You can participate in any and all ceremonies for which you are eligible for. For example, if you are a member of Douglass Residential College who will receive her degree from the School of Environmental and Biological Sciences, you may participate in as many as three ceremonies:
- Douglass Residential College on Saturday morning
- University Commencement on Sunday morning
- School of Environmental and Biological Sciences on Monday morning
Will I get something special to show I’m from Douglass?
Yes, you will receive a Douglass stole and Douglass pin that you can wear on your regalia, and in the future as a lapel pin to show that you are a Douglass alumna.
- Leadership cords are available to students who have participated in a Douglass leadership organization or program, or held an executive position on any university organization, including:
- Barbara Voorhees Mentor Program
- Douglass Black Students Congress
- Douglass Orientation Committee
- Douglass Governing Council
- Peer Academic Leaders
- Red Pine Ambassadors
- STEM Ambassadors
- Douglass Student Recruitment Network
- Douglass Summer Orientation Leaders
- Traditional Events Committee
- Douglass Diversity & Inclusion Ambassadors
- Douglass Media Team
- Executive Board member of a Douglass/University Student Organizations, etc.
Leadership cords are $15 and will be available at Convocation (while supplies last) if you have not already purchased them. Payment MUST be a check or money order made out to RUTGERS UNIVERSITY. You must complete the EXIT SURVEY (coming soon) before picking up any materials.
Purchase Your Academic Regalia
- Purchase caps, gowns, and hoods from Barnes & Noble at Rutgers, 100 Somerset Street, New Brunswick. Pre-order online in early March.
- Note: All student regalia can purchased in store OR online. There is nothing different being offered in store vs. Online.
- Online ordering https://rutgersnb.shopoakhalli.com/purchasewizard/Welcome
- Don't forget to pick up any honor society or other recognition cords and stoles, if applicable
What do my guests need to know?
No tickets are required for the Douglass graduation.
Seating is on a first come, first served basis.
Students need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance.
Where do my guests park?
- Parking deck behind the Douglass Student Center
- Lot 70
- 69 (Ruth Adams-Douglass Project)
- 73 (Nicholas Music Hall)
- 74A (New Gibbons)
- 79 (Hickman Hall) – Disabled Parking Pass required, and used for handicap drop-off and parking
- 79A (Hickman Hall)– Disabled Parking Pass required, and used for handicap drop-off and parking
Special Accommodations for Convocation
If you or your guests will need special accommodations, please email email@example.com by Monday, May 4, 2020.
Where can I find more information?
Students will receive information from the weekly Delivers.
**IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTACT Sonia Khalil, Program Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org