Empower the Next Century of Douglass
As thousands of students, alumnae and friends join us during this years’ celebration, of the first century of Douglass, we hope that you will give your support to the Douglass of today. Your gift to Douglass students and programs enables the college to be a leading national model for women’s education.
And we know the world needs Douglass women:
- Women in STEM: Douglass helps women persevere and succeed in STEM through a range of programming, including the Douglass Project, for women pursuing degrees and careers in mathematics, science, engineering, and technology; Project SUPER, which provides research mentoring and opportunities, and three living/learning communities.
- Global Perspectives: The Global Village, international experiences, and our global leaders program empower our students to question, understand, and embrace the complex intersections of our global community.
- Creativity & Innovation: With an arts-focused living learning community and a BOLD leadership and career development program, Douglass teaches women in all majors how to create, dare, and persist.
The Douglass Difference
In 2017, Douglass is a different kind of women’s college. It’s the only women’s college in a comprehensive public research university. It adds to a Rutgers’ education. It brings extra insight, extra support, and the extra opportunity that makes a world of difference. Douglass women graduate and launch their lives with extra knowledge, clarity, and confidence.
Your support empowers the next wave of Douglass women and there are many ways for you to give and make the “Douglass Difference.” Gifts of every size make a collective impact on Douglass.
- Giving Opportunities: Your gift could support student scholarships, women global leaders, women in STEM, the BOLD Center, or the Douglas Residential College Excellence Fund.
- Ways to Give: From an immediate online gift to a bequest or a gift of stocks, review options and shape your gift to match your intentions.
As a percentage of the Rutgers-New Brunswick student body, the Douglass student body has grown by half again since its founding—54 (of 1,300) in 1918 to 2,400 (of 36,000). And, in 1918, those 54 represented 100% of women undergraduates.
Through externships, internships, and conferences, the BOLD Center helps students clarify their academic and career goals, connects them with role models and mentors whose lives and work are exemplary, and prepares them for success in their personal and professional lives.
Each gift makes a tremendous impact on Douglass students. The Dean’s Excellence Fund has allowed Dean Litt to provide emergency funding for students in need, to send students to professional conferences, and the flexibility to adopt special opportunities for students and program development on a yearly basis. Our endowed Stacy (DC) and Brian Reilly DELLC living-learning community has recruited and retained more engineers than ever before in the College’s history. Our new BOLD Center for career, leadership and personal development has taken off in its first year with over 1,400 students participating in advancing themselves.
When giving to Douglass, please address your check, or stock designation, to Douglass Residential College, and mail to 125 George Street, New Brunswick, NJ. If you have additional questions contact Denise Wagner in the Office of Advancement, as the AADC no longer raises funds for Douglass. Your designation to Douglass ensures that your gift goes directly to the College and her students. Please note that the Rutgers University Foundation will process your gift and send you the gift receipt.
As always thank you for supporting Douglass. Here is to the next 100 years!