A Women’s College Without Walls
At Douglass Residential College, we are 2,600 women drawn from the Rutgers University–New Brunswick undergraduate population. Students pursue many majors and career paths, and we come from many different backgrounds. What we have in common is an interest in gaining the skills and insights to do more with our education, our careers, and our lives.
Working with the staff of Douglass Residential College, we develop opportunities, discover strengths, create connections and draw courage from each other. At the same time, we forge ahead in our Rutgers education and make the most of our time in New Brunswick.
Douglass is the only residential women’s college in the nation that is housed within a world class public research university. Douglass students enjoy a small college atmosphere and programs that support their success and leadership. At the same time, we engage with all the rich educational and research resources of Rutgers–New Brunswick.
Douglass has proven to be the sustainable model for women’s higher education.
Advancing Women for the 21st Century
As technology rises and the world economy grows more intertwined, we need leaders at all levels who communicate well, think critically across multiple perspectives and have the confidence to both question and listen.
Some key programs at Douglass that prepare women for 21st century leadership:
- Project SUPER: Research and mentoring in the sciences
- Global Village: Themed living-learning communities addressing interests such as public health, creativity, languages, human rights, and business
- BOLD Center: A blend of personal, leadership and career development experiences and programs
- Public Leadership Education Network (PLEN): A national consortium of women’s colleges working together to prepare women for public leadership
- Douglass Externship Experience: A chance to shadow a professional for one or two weeks
- Douglass Career Conference: Brings together corporate and government leaders, alumnae and students
Douglass Residential College is an intellectual community for undergraduate women within Rutgers University that inspires its students to learn, lead, and live with conviction, creativity, and critical insight.