The Power of 100 Years Campaign
Gifts of every size make a collective impact on Douglass. Giving to Douglass is the only way to support students and programs, and all funds donated go directly to support Douglass’s students and programs.
Douglass has identified five key funding areas, which are detailed below. We are also happy to work with you to support areas of your own choosing.
The Douglass Difference Annual Fund: Where the Need is Greatest
Help provide special opportunities for students to advance their learning through endeavors such as research support, attending and presenting at conferences, and enriched educational programming.
Monies from this fund:
- Allow Douglass to continue to develop and offer innovative and signature programs
- Support visits from top leaders in academia, business, technology, and culture
- Enable emergency aid to be offered to students facing crisis situations or extraordinary hardship
Douglass Student Scholarship Support
With more than 80 percent of students qualifying for financial aid, scholarship support is vitally important to ensure that talented Douglass students have the resources necessary to achieve their academic goals and immerse themselves in the Douglass experience.
Educating Women Global Leaders at Douglass
Global education develops the skills, empathy, and knowledge necessary to succeed in our globally connected world. Douglass Residential College provides students with the education necessary to become globally conscious individuals who can step into any role.
Among the college's renowned international programs is the Global Village, a living-learning community where students develop the skills to become global leaders through community service and coursework.
Advancing Women in STEM at Douglass
Since 1986, Douglass Residential College has been at the forefront of helping women forge careers in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM). The nationally recognized Douglass Project offers students support, encouragement, and leadership opportunities through enriched living-learning programs in the sciences, as well as scientific research opportunities to engage and retain women in STEM majors, and prepare them for careers in the STEM fields.
The BOLD Center at Douglass for Career and Leadership Development
The BOLD Center (Building Opportunities for Leadership and Career Development) provides highly-regarded programs in leadership, mentoring, career development, and personal development.
- The BOLD Center helps students clarify their academic and career goals, connects them with role models and mentors whose lives and work are exemplary, and prepares them for success in their personal and professional lives.
- In addition to offering women's leadership courses and externship opportunities with college alumnae, students have opportunities to attend career conferences, networking nights with professionals, and career-skills workshops in areas such as public speaking, team building, confidence-building, and self-advocacy.
- The BOLD Center works closely with Douglass students to ensure they develop a personalized set of tools and skills to thrive and succeed, both during their time at Douglass, and throughout their lives.