Current Douglass students continue to be recognized for their accomplishments through a set of special scholarships and awards. General merit or need-based scholarships are awarded annually to deserving Douglass students.
- DRC Continuing Student Scholarships will be awarded through this one application. Award amounts vary.
- This application is not for: 1) New incoming first year students (Fall 2017), 2) Graduating Seniors (Class of 2017), or 3) Rutgers graduate or doctoral students.
- Scholarships criteria are based on a combination of academic merit, financial need, and activities. Please note some scholarships can be based primarily on academic merit, or on financial need, or a combination of both. Undergraduate DRC students (Classes of 2020, 2019, and 2018) are encouraged to apply.
- Have a recommender complete a recommendation in support of your scholarship application. Click here for the form. Recommendation form must be submmitted no later than Friday, May 5, 2017. This form is optional.
- The DRC Scholarship Committee will review applications and award scholarships. Only selected students will receive a scholarship award notification in June/July 2017 and their student tuition account will be credited for the 2017-2018 academic year. It is your responsibility to check your inbox, junk and spam folder to ensure receipt of notification. Failure to do so may impact eligibility of scholarship award.
- Please note, that scholarship award eligibility and/or amounts may be subject to change if selected based on finalized financial award package for the 2017-18 academic year (if applicable).
Basic Criteria utilized for DRC scholarship decisions are:
- Required: (1) Enrolled in DRC, (2) 3.0 Cumulative GPA or greater
- Other factors considered include: Financial Need; Demonstrated DRC involvement
Continuing Student Scholarship Application for the 2017-18 academic year is available, click here.
Deadline: Friday, May 5, 2017
ALL students who properly submit their application will receive an email confirmation. Please check your junk and spam folders. If you do not receive a confirmation email, we did not receive your application. No late application submissions will be accepted.
If you have questions about Douglass Residential College scholarships, please contact:
Director of Scholarships, Housing and Student Engagement for the Office Student Enrollment and Engagement